Research Reflection Paper

1.)  What did I learn from the research course?
In this research course, I learned a lot of experiences regarding research. Being a fresh graduate from college and coming from the College of Arts and Sciences of the University of San Carlos, in which research is emphasized, I was able to apply what I’ve learned from my undergraduate years. Since we used the APA format of citation in USC, I had to learn how use the Vancouver method. Outside the research, I learned the value of teamwork and communication among members.
2.)  How can the instruction be improved?
Instructions could be improved through proper communication. During our research, all groups encountered problems at the research office ranging from deadlines of submissions, research forms, and the procedures of submission of said forms and paperwork. One thing that could be improved here is to post specific instructions when it comes to submission in the research office.

3.)  What did I like most about the course and how it was taught?
The course made me value teamwork and realize how important communication is among groupmates, mentors, panelists, proponents, and the research office. While it was time consuming, I actually enjoyed the data gathering process of our research paper. During the defense, one of the panelists gave blunt constructive criticism to improve our paper. I appreciated it since it would definitely make me and the others learn how to write a better research paper.

4.)  What did I least like about the course and how it was taught?
We encountered several problems throughout the course. Mostly, these problems include miscommunication among the groupmates, mentors, and the research office. Notably, one problem faced by most groups including ours was the availability of the statisticians. Our group was bogged down by the statistics portion due to the amount of papers that were undergoing statistics treatment.

5.)  Which of the CHED outcomes were achieved in the production of a research project?

All CHED outcomes were achieved from 1-10. I would like to emphasize on PO #4 which is the outcome that focuses on the engagement of research activities. Addition, I would add the all programs were covered since there was focus on communication, personal development, adhering to ethical standards and social accountability, and to display nationalism within the countrymen who were the respondents of our research.

Comments